Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:36:14 -0500
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Network panic, causes FreeBSD reboot.

Hi,

After the recent discussion on the VIA chipset and DMA
causing reboots, it brought to light that there was also
another issue that needs to be looked at regarding my problems.

I am still looking around and seeing if i can figure out what
version of the VIA chipset this Fic SD11 uses, but while I'm
searching I'd like to know a little more on this network
problem.  It may be worth upgrading to 4.1R to see if it fixes
my problems.

Does this affect certain network cards?  certain MB's?  certain
apps?

FWIW, I have apache+php4, mysql, openssh, dhcpd, ipfw, and natd
running (plus ftping inter-office type stuff) on the server.
Would any of this "bring out" the error?  is there a way to test
and see if I'm suffering from that problem?  looks like I may be
in for learning how to upgrade my system from 4.0 to 4.1 :).

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.