Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:07:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), bs_13943_34262@adimus.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fortran in the base system (was Re: sysinstall)

Steve Kargl writes:
 > According to Nate Williams:
[deleted]
 > > I'd argue (heck, I am arguing. :) that it should be removed.
 > >

 > Surprisingly, I would actually support this.

Me too.  It takes away a lot of the potential for confusion for
the casual user, thereby alerting them that they need to do
something extra (like install a port or package or ask someone
with experience with FBSD how to proceed).  And we don't get the
rap of poor performance in this problem domain.

Bud Dodson

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790