Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:31:40 +0900 (JST)
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.gr.jp>
To:        keith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM JDKs, Sun JDK

> I did, just forgot to mention them in the reply.  Here's my i18n-
> related environment(in ~/.tcshrc):
>
> setenv LC_CTYPE zh_TW.Big5
> setenv LANG zh_TW.Big5
> setenv ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE zh_TW.Big5

Wow, what is ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE?
I got to know for the first time.

> setenv MM_CHARSET Big5
> setenv XMODIFIERS "@im=xcin"
>
> I also have $dspmbyte set, but since it's long(256 bytes) and tcsh-
> specific, it isn't included in the above.

Uhmm, it seems the same as me.

> -current is also better SUSv2 compliant(langinfo etc.), but that
> shouldn't make much difference.

IMO, the Linuxulator is a cause of this problem.
I am using Linuxulator facility with Mr. Andrew Gallatin's patch on
FreeBSD 4.2-stable. Probably modification will be added to -current
code in addition to a patch of Andrew. I think that the modification made
input through XIM protocol possible.

But the problem depends on Sun's one. IBM JDK13 has no problem about
inputing through XIM protocol. That works.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.gr.jp