Date:      Mon, 18 May 2009 09:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Steele <psteele@maxiscale.com>
To:        #freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Why would a kill -2 not work?

Under what circumstances might a "kill -2 nnn" not work. I have a Python app with a signal handler configured to catch INT signals. It seems to work fine, but we've recently noticed that after the app has run for a while the kill -2 no longer works. This seems pretty suspicious, perhaps indicating our app is misbehaving in some way. What might cause the signal handler to stop working?

Is there a better list for this question?