Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 09:04:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Erik A. Pearson" <epearson@olac.berkeley.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0 & Future Domain

Hi,

I've just started trying to install FreeBSD 2.0 from CD-ROM (Mitsumi) to a
SCSI drive on a Future Domain TMS830 controller. The drive and controller
work fine, as they now boot OS/2 with no problems (I'm not keeping OS/2 on
the drive).  FreeBSD boots fine from the floppy made from the CD-ROM under
DOS -- it seems to detect all of the devices installed on the machine --
but it doesn't seem to be able to see the drive. During installation there
are no drives listed. The docs say that FreeBSD is compatible with Future
Domain 8xx controllers -- although I noticed that the older FAQ states
only the 950.

Any information you can impart would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik Pearson