Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 19:26:08 +0000
From:      "Glenn G." <freebsd@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Trish Lynch" <trish@bsdunix.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: passwd issue

 I got something similar when I tried to change the password today for
 root:

 pam_sm_chauthtok(): unexpected return value 9
 pam_sm_chauthtok(): unexpected return value 9

On Tue, 21 May 2002 14:07:08 -0400 (EDT), "Trish Lynch"
<trish@bsdunix.net> said:
> took me a while to notice it, because I don;t use passwd on a daily
> basis....
>
> FreeBSD femme.listmistress.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #6: Tue
> May
> 14 00:57:05 EDT 2002
> trish@femme.sapphite.org:/admins/obj/admins/src/sys/FEMME  i386
>

> femme:~$ passwd
> Changing local password for trish
> Old Password:
> passwd in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> Abort trap
>

> Anyone seen this? is it fixed in -current already, I haven;t seen
> anything
> on this list yet except for sudo problems.
>
> -Trish
>
> --
> Trish Lynch                                     trish@bsdunix.net
> FreeBSD                                         The Power to Serve
> Ecartis Core Team                               trish@listmistress.org
>                    http://www.freebsd.org

  Glenn Gombert
  freebsd@fastmail.fm

"Never trust any operating system you don't have the source code for"

--
Faster than the email provider that you're using!
Soar with FastMail.FM! -> http://fastmail.fm