Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:53:05 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to troubleshoot why ath0 can't connect to a passwordless wireless network?

Quoting "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>:

> wlandebug(8) for general 802.11 debuging
>
> ath driver have it's own debug options ... documented in source code ....

Thanks!

In the debug log I see the line:
ath0: ieee80211_scan_update: no scanner suppport for mode 8
 From source code I see that mode 8 is IEEE80211_M_MONITOR.
As I understand in 'monitor' mode no packets are being sent or received.
When I try to turn it off with 'ifconfig ath0 -monotor' interface
still seems to stay in monitor mode.

Why wouldn't -monitor turn monitor mode off?

Yuri