Date:      26 Aug 2002 13:51:54 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        jim@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Gaim plugins not there after new install from ports

--=-9j9IP6LejPDGW2FBoGd+

I've just installed gaim from ports, and I'm having problems from the
get go (just like everybuddy in my earlier post that was unanswered).

The gaim manual says this about plugins:

PLUGINS
       Gaim allows for dynamic loading of  plugins.   The  plugin
       window  shows the paths to loaded plugins on the left, and
       the name and description of the plugin on the right.

       You may load and unload plugins using the appropriate but-
       tons.

This panel *does not* contain anything - i.e., is empty, so there's
nothing available to "load".=20

The Gaim manual says this about the location of plugins:
FILES
       ~/.gaimrc - Gaim Config File
       ~/.gaim/logs/SCREENNAME.log - a log  of  all  conversation
       with SCREENNAME.
       /usr/local/lib/gaim/ - Gaim Plugin Files

I check this on my machine:
 $ ls -la /usr/local/lib/gaim
ls: /usr/local/lib/gaim: No such file or directory
$=20
=20
Is this app (and Everybuddy for that matter) actually supposed to work
on FreeBSD? Sorry for the multiple post, but as with some of my previous
posting to port maintainers, the listed person isn't replying, so I'm
hoping that a list member might be able to help or just tell me if Gaim
actually works on FreeBSD.

Here's my uname info:
 ~ $ uname -a
FreeBSD <snip> 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Wed Jul 24 02:57:09 BST
2002     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<snip>  i386
~ $

Thanks to anyone that might be able to reply. Please ask if you need
more information.

Stacey
--=20
Stacey Roberts