Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:14:01 +0200
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   good old intel troubles

Now that the intel driver is stable and performs well, again, it's
time to start complainig about all the things that still do not work.

This is basically going to the console and back. Well, it actually
works but X will entirely lock up unless the mouse is in motion.
It's not hard to imagine that this is really bad. With violent mouse
movement I can get glxgears to render 0.3 frames per second.
That's it. 1 frame every 3 seconds.

Back on the console everything is fine, so it's really just X
misbehaving. No scheduling issue or the like.

Oh, btw, when I switch to the Konsole I get the following message
on my dmesg.
error: [drm:pid1318:i915_get_vblank_counter] *ERROR* trying to get vblank count for disabled pipe 0

My system is a core2duo (amd64) running RELENG_7 (sources are from
~2 hours ago).

Maybe this snippet from my Xorg.0.log is also of interest:
(--) Using syscons driver with X support (version 2.0)
(--) using VT number 9
(--) PCI:*(0@0:2:0) Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller rev 12, Mem @ 0xe4600000/1048576, 0xd0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x00004000/8, BIOS @ 0x????????/65536
(--) PCI: (0@0:2:1) Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller rev 12, Mem @ 0xe4700000/1048576

I'm running X without HAL.