Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:10:40 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@itlegion.ru>
To:        "Andy Farkas" <andyf@speednet.com.au>, "Xin LI" <delphij@frontfree.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qustion about being "Giant-locked"

I am trying to get your point and i really can't. I just don't see what
your are trying to say. If you refer to 8% CPU usage then i see that it
is only 8% because SCSI is the bottleneck. Disk just do not give data
fast enough to load CPU high. Also, i don't think the do not give
data fast enough only because of the Giant. I think it is mostly scsi
and hdd speed problem in this case. Afterall md5 algorithm is not
too havy on cpu anyway.

Artem