Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 05:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Soonmyung Hong <sonnet@teatime.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/30307: dmesg output: looutput: mbuf allocation failed

>Number:         30307
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       dmesg output: looutput: mbuf allocation failed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Basically, It is same problem as kern/20927.
But It makes actual trouble. If it happened, networking doesn't work properly(ex: can't login via network, etc).

In previous PR(kern/20927) itojun mentioned "out of mbuf" problem.
But in my experience, machine's netstat -m report enough mbuf remained.

It seems like after enough progress of mbuf fragmentation, system couldn't get contiguous mbuf.
I got this problem twice, and that machine's uptime is 30day, 41day.

>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunately, have no idea.

It is heavy loaded network server machine uses about 2500 connection via loopback interface.