Date:      Fri, 01 May 2009 11:36:33 -0700
From:      Michael Hughes <michael.hughes@gmx.com>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: bacula-client-3.0.0_1

Where did the 2.x series ports go? We currently use bacula-dir v. 2.4.4
on a linux host to backup our fbsd file servers, but some web research
and our own testing on our fbsd test file server found that
bacula-client v. 3.x is completely incompatible with bacula-dir < 2.5.x.
Currently our production file servers have the bacula-client v. 2.4.4
port installed, but we would like to be able to port upgrade them and
still maintain a 2.4.x series bacula-client.

I have searched through the cvs commits using the online FreeBSD ports
search tool, but I found that there is a version jump from bacula-client
v. 1.38.x to version 3.x. Yet, we originally installed the 2.4.4 client
on our fbsd file servers using a port, so clearly at some point there
was a 2.4.4 port.

--
Michael Hughes
SSLI/MTML Labs