Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:47:25 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Kenta S." <kentas@hush.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Emulation <emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net-im/skype-[devel] won't connect

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Kenta S. <kentas@hush.com> wrote:
> Hello. This afternoon when I try to sign onto Skype, I get:
>
> "Periodic UIC Update Failed"
>
> I haven't updated ports recently. Does anyone have an idea?
> I heard Skype was closing down old versions.

I had received the following e-mail from Skype a few days ago:

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Skype <noreply3@emails.skype.com> wrote:

> Your Skype for Linux version is being retired.
> Update today. =BB
> Can't see this email properly? Forgotten your password?
> Your Skype for Linux version is being retired. Update today.
> Dear swhetzel,
>
> We are now retiring older versions of Skype and it appears that at some p=
oint you signed into Skype with one of these. To continue signing into Skyp=
e on Linux you'll need to download the latest version. The new version come=
s with improved performance, the latest features and security updates, so y=
ou'll get the best possible Skype experience.

> If you're on the latest version of Skype, the above will not apply.
>
> Update now at http://www.skype.com/download.

Someone will need to update the Skype port to the latest Linux version
and see if it works on our current version of Linux emulation.

--=20
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.