Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 18:43:14 PDT
From:      "george vagner" <kf7nn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrade blues

I just upgraded my server from 2.2.8-stable to 3.2-release
by installing another hard drive and booting from the
3.2 floppies and installing over the net because 3.2 cannot
seem to find my cdrom, looking thru the erratta.txt i didnt see anything
about not finding atapi cdroms in it, funny thing is
i installed 2.2.7 from the very same cdrom drive.

the mb is an IWILL p55b which did have the serial port nondetection
problem way back when...

my other problem is that upon boot up i see a message saying
no /boot/loader

then it goes on to boot /kernel from da0

first i need to make sure that the /boot/loader thing is
fixed and then i will address the cdrom.

i am in the process of cvsuping to 3.2-stable to see if that
helps the cdrom get found but will need your help on the
boot/loader thing since i have no knowledge of
how it works.

how do i fix the no /boot/loader error message.