Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 1997 14:09:59 -0400
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ricardo_N=FA=F1ez?=" <rinunez@telcel.net.ve>
To:        "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   504 MB Limit

Dear Gentlemen,

I have the following things:

- FreeBSD 2.2.1 CD-ROMs
- "The Complete FreeBSD" book from Greg Lehey.
- A PC Clone with a Triton Motherboard, 24 MB RAM and...
- An IDE (EIDE?) disk which has 1280 MB capacity (620 cylinders, 64 heads,
63 sectors)
- All the hard disk has a working Windows 95 environment in one partition.

I´d like to avoid Greg Lehey´s advice which said (page 30) that I have to
put my root FreeBSD slice before the first 504 MB. My BIOS DOES support
that disk with its 1280 MB. I don´t have to "run" any special booting
software. I´d like to keep a whole C: FAT Win95 partition (with no Extended
DOS partition). So....

Can I split my disk in just two slices: an old DOS partition just with less
disk space, and all the rest (let´s say around 300 Mb) to FreeBSD slices
without having to take care of 504 MB problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Ricardo Nunez