Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:48:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent apm changes

    MS> I think you'll find that programs didn't, in fact, continue
    MS> running; rather they paused and then resumed when you came out
    MS> of suspend.
    >>
    >> I'm running seti@home, and it really continued while my
    >> computer was 'suspended'. Also a little test program continued
    >> running.

    MS> What you're failing to offer here, and thus why I remain
    MS> skeptical, is any evidence that suggests that these programs
    MS> were "running" while the system believed itself to be
    MS> suspended.

I can see that after one hour of 'suspend' mode, the program has done
for one hour worth of calculations.

Really, I am not insane and know when my programs have run and done
work and when not.

--
Peter Mutsaers |  Abcoude (Utrecht), | Trust me, I know
plm@xs4all.nl  |  the Netherlands    | what I'm doing.