Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:19:48 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejc64@earthlink.net>, FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Wireless Card?

Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:48:17 -0400
> "E. J. Cerejo" <ejc64@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking to buy a PCI Wireless Card for my computer, I'm running FBSD 6.1
>> release, from what I understand there are only two drivers ath and wi
>
> what about ralink ? man 4 ral
>
> i'm sure there are other wireless drivers available in src...

I have a card using the ral driver, but it has been far from stable.
I've experienced various problems the last few releases, and after
upgrading to 6.2-PRERELEASE, any attempt to run ifconfig on this
card gives a kernel panic. I've not done any serious attempts at
troubleshooting this since I don't really need the card. I believe
the card was branded Bay Networks something something, I could check
that up if anyone wants to know.

rambo# uname -a
FreeBSD rambo.401.cx 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #2: Sun
Oct  1 04:54:40 CEST 2006
root@rambo.401.cx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RAMBO  i386
rambo# grep ^ral /var/run/dmesg.boot
ral0: <Ralink Technology RT2500> irq 18 at device 13.0 on pci0
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2560 (rev 0x04), RF RT2525
ral0: Ethernet address: 00:11:50:15:71:94
ral0: [GIANT-LOCKED]