Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:38:27 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Chris Thomas <resopmok@gramsc1.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem compiling kdebase2 from ports

Chris Thomas wrote:

> i just finished upgrading to 4.4-STABLE and cvsupped the latest ports, and
> was on my way to good times when i ran into some problems compiling
> /usr/ports/x11/kdebase2
>
> i'm attaching a script output file because it's a little too long to paste
> into the body of the message, though the main errors are as follows:
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I./..
> -I/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml -I/us
> r/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include -D_GETOPT_H -D_PTH_H_
> -D_PTH_PTHREAD_H_ -I/u
> sr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/qt2
> -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/us
> r/local/include -O0 -O -pipe -c templates.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> .libs/templates.o
> In file included from /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h:576,
>                  from /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlerror.h:4,
>                  from templates.c:18:
> /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/globals.h:70: syntax error before
> `xmlGenericErro
> rFunc'
> /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/globals.h:217: syntax error before
> `xmlGenericErr
> or'
> /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/globals.h:217: warning: data definition
> has no ty
> pe or storage class
> gmake[3]: *** [templates.lo] Error 1
>
> from this point it totally flunks out..
>
> i'm not a coder, so i probably can't fix this, but kde was also being
> installed totally from virgin ports, so i'm not sure how i could've messed
> things up... you guys will probably need more info, and your wish is my
> command.

If you had searched the archives like you were supposed to, this would
have popped up numerous times. The kde@freebsd.org people were talking
about releasing 2.2.2 this weekend. If you want to fix the kdelibs
error, you have to move the parser.h include in
/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlerror.h

to just above the ifndef. You can then build kdelibs-2.2.1. You might
think about waiting for 2.2.2 to be released. I don't know who long a
kde build takes on your system, but the 3 hours it takes on my systems
is long enough to make me wait for the next version.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA