Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:18:01 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: periodically save current time to time-of-day hardware

on 26/03/2010 17:12 Ed Schouten said the following:
> * Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua> wrote:
>> +	timeout(periodic_resettodr, NULL, 1800 * hz);
>
> By the way, wouldn't it be a little nicer to use callout(9)?

I don't know :-)
I see that timeout is deprecated and is unsafe in some respects, but using callout
adds a bit more code/churn without any obvious benefit.
For example, I don't use any fine-grained locking here, nor do I do drain or stop,
so all of the good features of callout are not used.
But perhaps I am missing something and I really ought to use some of those
features somewhere?

--
Andriy Gapon