Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:27:34 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving pccardd/pccardc to sbin

In message <3966D3DE.EE7078F2@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: Warner Losh wrote:
: >
: > I'd like to move pccardd/pccardc to sbin.  This allows people booting
: > diskless to do so and has a few other advantages.  I'd also like to
: > move pccardd startup earlier in the boot process.  Same benefits.
: >
: > I'd like to do this in 4.1 as well.  I can't htink of any reasoon not
: > do to do this.  It will require a line in the UPDATING file
: > instructing people to delete the old pccardd, but other than that the
: > upgrade path is covered.  There's a small chance it might break old
: > scripts, but a soltuion similar to mknode might work well.
: >
: > Comments?
:
: You'll need to move logger too.
:
: Aside from that, you know my opinion. My /home, /usr/local, /usr/ports,
: /compat, /usr/src among others are all on a Adaptec SlimSCSI AHA-1460
: (aic).

Hmmm.  I don't want to move logger as well.  I'm thinking that it
would be better to have pccardd do the syslog stuff always (or never
depending on the config file) and that would make it easier to move to
/sbin.  In addition, this will make the pccard.conf file smaller,
amking it easier for the 130 new entries taht are going into it to
fit.

Warner