Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:45:06 -0500
From:      Bruce Grisham <bruce@accumatics.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moved disk from PCI controller to onboard controller ...

Howdy,

I installed FreeBSD 4.2 on a disk that was on a PCI controller, so the slices
start with ad4s1a.  But I'm wanting to use that disk in a different computer,
one that only has the usual two onboard IDE channels.

As you know it's not enough to edit fstab, changing the entries ad4 to wd0.  How
do I tell the kernel to load /dev/wd0s1a instead of /dev/ad4s1a as / ?

I did bother to look through previous questions, and although several people
have asked this question, there were no responses.

Thanks!