Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:05:07 +0100 (BST)
From:      Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To:        Not Going to Tell You <luckywolf19@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Security on FreeBSD

I know of no such list, but if you get the system to the "running state"
you want, including removal of any unwanted cron entries (particularly
those relevant to /etc/periodic/...), run it for a week (doing everything
you might possibly need to do), then do a

# find / -atime +7 -print

I imagine the output will be large. Eyeball it for any obvious
deficiencies, and then remove, or move to a separate mount (until you're
*sure*). And have those fixit floppies handy :)

I'd be interested in your results.

Joshua