Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:26:41 +1100
From:      Justin Clift <jclift@iprimus.com.au>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mylex DAC960 RAID Controller - bus_dmamap_load errors

Hi Mike,

Hmmmm... I'm wasn't subscribed to any of the freebsd lists, although I
thought I was.  I'll subscribe to the freebsd-scsi list again.

If it's of any interest, I come from a Solaris background and have run
Solaris 7 x86 on these same Mylex controllers before with no huge
problems.  Only real problem with Solaris is that it doesn't seem to
like booting from partitions bigger than 2 Gig or so with these
controllers, so I always have to boot from a floppy, but that's another
story.  The actual cards and Solaris drivers themselves work fine.

If you need someone to do testing of FreeBSD patches, revisions, etc for
these controllers, the RAID cards and PC in question is just a
play-around with PC and doesn't hold any critical data.  I can
format/destroy/reload stuff at will with no problems.  Just let me know.

Also, by chance does anyone know the type of EEPROM chips that should be
used for flashing a 2.xx BIOS to a revision 3.xx BIOS?  As Mylex no
longer offers this service, I'm thinking about doing it myself.  Firstly
need to find the correct capacity EEPROM chips though.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift