Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:44:55 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        Rajappa Iyer <rsi@panix.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, tlambert@primenet.com, wmoran@iowna.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

Jamie Bowden wrote:
> Where as I see the ability to incrementally upgrade only
> the parts of the OS that have changed from release to release
> as I can do right now in Irix.
>
> You know, it's funny that you told me Irix is antiquated not long ago
> Terry, it has most of the feature set you seem to be looking for.

I don't think I said that, I think I said SGI was a
dead husk, after their suicidal leap... certainly, Irix
has better cluster scalability than most OS's of any
vintage, with XFS and their volume manager.  The only
OS that's even close is AIX.

The one really antiquated thing I can point to in Irix
is the ability to stage a quota denial of service attack
on someone by "giving" them core dump files using the
SVR3 chown semantics, but I think that's optional now
that people have complained about it so long.

-- Terry