Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:50:26 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, bsam@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing with Acrobat Reader

Quoting Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> (from Thu, 12 Apr 2007 =20
11:13:05 +0200 (CEST)):

>  > When I remember your initial mail right, you did test this and it
>  > works... right?
>
> No, I copied /usr/bin/lpr to /compat/linux/usr/bin/lpr
> and then told Adobe Reader to use "/usr/bin/lpr" (instead
> of the defdault "/usr/bin/lp").
>
> The above wrapper script (as /compat/linux/usr/bin/lp
> without "r") should have exaxtly the same effect, except
> that the Adobe Reader's default need not be changed.
> I can give it a try in the evening.

There are some pitfalls and the solution needs to be tested first.

Acroread will use linux system calls to start the shell. This results =20
in the linux shell (/compat/linux/bin/sh) to start (linuxulator =20
directory prefixing). The linux shell will use the same linuxulator =20
directory prefixing to start /compat/linux/usr/bin/lpr. So we're in =20
the same situation like with Acroread. So when you play around with it =20
also try to not specify a path to the lpr call and tell us which one =20
works.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20