Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2014 00:52:15 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hang in boot

FreeBSD 9.2.  All of my systems are hanging during boot right after the =
screen that has the picture.  Its as if someone hit a space on the =
keyboard.  However, these systems have no keyboard.  If I plug one in, =
or use the serial console, and enter a return, the boot continues =
properly.

I have in /boot.config:  -Dh

I understood from the documentation that would output the boot messages =
to both the console and serial console if there is no keyboard.  Is that =
somehow stopping the boot?  I used to have just -P in /boot/config and =
never had the problem, but never saw the boot messages on the serial =
console if someone plugged in a keyboard.  These are all remote servers =
and I never know if there is a keyboard or not.=