Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:21:09 -0800
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation != FreeBSD sale (was Re: Netscape browser)

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 08:47:44AM -0800, Josef Grosch wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 03:14:51PM +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> > The logo business was discussed to death a few months back on this very
> > list, as part of the 'Works with FreeBSD' branding program.....whatever
> > happened to that?  I recall that someone was going to take all the
> > suggestions we all made and do something constructive with them.  So,
> > whoever that someone was, are you still out there?
>
> He is an opportunity that we should not let slip by us. We should use some
> of our very scarce money to pay a grapic artist to come up with a "Works
> with FreeBSD" logo. It seems that we have even fewer graphic artists than
> writers in our camp. Now that I think about it, we have a standing offer to
> put a FreeBSD logo up at link exchange. Getting vendors to put our logo on
> their web page means we will get more mind share with the suits.

I also think this is a great idea. I don't know that we necesarily need
to hire a graphic artist to get the job done. The logo doesnt need to be
that complicated. Check out:

http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/gif/bsd/fhp_mini.jpg

I think something along these lines would be ideal. It's none intrusive
and simple. (Yes, I am volunteering to do this) :)

-Bill

--
-=| Bill Swingle - <unfurl@dub.net>
-=| "I hate quotations." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson