Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 96 00:31 PST
From:      pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling radius

In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960326180352.432D-100000@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu> dwhite writes:

>On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Jay L. West wrote:
>
>> I was trying to compile the RADIUS server I ftp'd from ftp.livingston.com.
>> It has some compile options for a make on bsdi, but when I compile I get a
>> message about it can't find _crypt or something like that. Is this possibly
>> because it's expecting the DES libraries to be present?
>
>Possibly; try adding -lcrypt to the compile flags, maybe the crypt libs
>need to be given explicitly.

-lcrypt is enough.  It has to be the same library used by login and passwd,
or its purpose is defeated...  I'm running Livingston's radius on several
2.1 systems, but want to graduate to Merit radius and am having fun
trying to figure out how to configure it (compiling it is the *easy*
part, just like rwhois :-).

-- Pete