Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:07:41 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape + X 3.3.5 + 3.3-stable

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 11:43:33AM -0700, a little birdie told me
that Doug remarked

> 	When this has happened to me I've always been able to track it
> down to poorly written javascript. If y'all haven't already, I'd try
> disabling that and see if it helps.

I often have Javascript disabled, but it still dies.
Often, it sig10's when I close one window of it.  Or when I load up a
page (even simple HTML-only pages).  I haven't been able to establish any
pattern of when it toasts itself (except 'whenever I have a few good
pages up that I haven't bookmark'd yet').

FWIW, on RELENG_2_2, Netscape 4.0x would die a lot, but 4.5 would keep
chugging along for months with no problems (tho it used more memory and
felt a bit slower).  Now, (on -CURRENT), 4.5, 4.6[1], etc, all die
regularly (2-5 days, generally).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com