Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 16:17:06 -0600 (GMT+6)
From:      <max@cca.usart.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WaveLAN troubles

Hi!

We have Intel Champion LP 486DX2/66 (currently under Linux 2.1.78,
working OK (at least WaveLAN-related stuff works properly)).
We also have WaveLAN/AT2.4 (ISA).
While testing the system for hardware compatibility with
FreeBSD (2.2.5-RELEASE) we encountered the followin problem:
when the system boots up, it finds this card, and treats it as usable
unit, BUT at the time of interfaces initialization (ifconfig wl0...)
the following errors occur:

wl0: diag() failed; status = 0, inw = 0, outw = e0a0
scb_status a000
scb_command 0
scb_cbl ffc0
cu_cmd 8007
wl0 init(): trouble resetting board.

and the wl0 interface (of cource) does not got thr "RUNNING" state.

May be somebody can advise me, how to envolve our system
into the FreeBSD community ?

With best regards,
Max.