Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 08:40:44 -0700
From:      Richard Levenberg <richardl@mv.us.adobe.com>
To:        Marco Masotti <MC7953@mclink.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iijppp - Magic Is The Same

At 03:36 PM 6/11/96 PST, you wrote:

>I use iijppp to connect to several providers, with general success.
>However, with one of them I'm getting problems, as documented in the below
>log. This problem is shown almost always, despite sometime the link is
>established correctly.

I had the same problem connecting to the new PacBell Internet here in
California.  I found that using 'disable lqr' and 'deny lqr' in my ppp.conf
solved the problem.  I think iijppp is doing some sort of request and that
the ppp server on the other side doesn't like it so the 'disable lqr' is
really all you need but I haven't tested that.

good luck

richardl
        Richard Levenberg
        Adobe Systems Incorporated