Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:48:23 -0800
From:      Super-User <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Banshee X Server source released

Quick, Quick!
Reverse engineer the card!
Now that we've got the source, we can discover all the 3dfx trade secrets
about poking values into various registers which have revolutionized the
way that VGA has been done for the past decade.
We'll be rich!
We can put them out of business!
I'd write more, but I gotta rush off andfinish trying to
unobfuscate that NVidia source. Ever since they obsfucated it, I had to
stop reproducing their cards, and couldn't figure out their magical trade
secrets of their VGA pipeline.

Getting tired of video card vendors who are worried about releasing driver
specs,
Dan