Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 16:09:49 +0100 (IST)
From:      "John O'Regan" <j.oregan@cs.ucc.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm-color problems with FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE

Hello All,

  I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE and now when I run colour
applications like sysinstall or tin in an xterm window, everything is black
except for the highlighted item.  Before I upgraded, there was never any
problem and when I use the root console it works perfectly, too.  Any comments
or suggestions appreciated,

yours perplexed,
John O'Regan.

PS: And yes, I'm sure the TERM environment variable has the value xterm-color.