Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:45:15 +0930
From:      "Marc Dodsworth" <marcd@tpg.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cannot mount root Panic

Hi

I've just tried to install 3.2 from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM.  The
installation has gone fine but when I try to boot the system I get a panic
that it can't mount root.

Is this symptomatic of not having the root parition below the 1024th
cylinder?

The hard disk is a Seagate 9.1GB Ultra2Wide.  The Parition edit says the
drive has 1100 odd cylinders.  My FreeBSD patition is the 3rd partition on
the drive with the first 2 partitions taking up 4032Mb.

Thankx

Marc