Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:22:50 -0700
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
Subject:   Re: I'm looking for a curses one-iner.

--ctP54qlpMx3WjD+/

Quoth Gary Kline on Sunday, 10 April 2011:
> People,
>=20
> Can anybody point me to a one-line of curses (it may be *long* and
> obscure) that allows keyboard input _without_ hitting <cr>/enter. =20
> So, in effect, I couold use the curses getchar() and have things
> echoed to stdout without bothering to type Enter.   There may be a
> matching one-liner to set things back to the way they were upon
> exiting the curses program.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/init.html#RAWCBREAK

See also "man raw".  I think what you want is raw() and noraw().

--=20
=2Eo. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
=2E.o | sterling@camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com
ooo | 2048R/D6DBAF91              | http://chipstips.com