Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 19:38:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Cc:        Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BOGOMIPS ....

It seems that Brian Tao said:
[ about Bogomips ]
> > Is anybody porting this or some similar utility ???
> > If not, I would be interested in doing this.
>
>     Why?

Yes, why ?

The last thing I want  is to see newbies  claiming all over the place  that
their  bobomips is bigger than  the others and so on.  Every Linux doc says
that bogomips are just that, "bogus"  and that people  should not take them
in consideration. Even with that --  I know, newbies don't  read docs -- we
see in the  "fr.comp.os.linux" group people talking  about them as if  they
were Words Of  Truth from time  to time... even  though it  seems to happen
less often now.

We don't really need that at all IMO.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #7: Mon Nov  6 21:08:06 MET 1995