Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 1996 16:03:31 BST
From:      Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: free vnode isn't

Running 2.1R, I got a crash, with th only information 'panic: free vnode
isn't' in the log. I know what set this off, as I accidentally ran two
/etc/daily scripts at the same time, the panic being in the middle of this.

But there must be some other problem - when rebooting, fsck only found the
usual 'unref file' type errors that it could put right automatically. Is
there something wrong with my filesystem? I wasn't using any partition
files, so I don't know why I am getting a vnode error. All of my partitions
are read/write and sync, on one SCSI disk.

--
Michael Searle - searle@longacre.demon.co.uk