Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 2003 04:07:52 +0200
From:      "Asbjorn L. Johansen" <notsane@sveitt.org>
To:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: ipfw - natd - squid - 3 Nic's - 1 FBSD 5.1 server and routing question

Olivier Nicole wrote:
>>The problem is that I don't know how to get the outgoing
>>requests from squid to use the nic that is connected to the cable company.
>

> I think that at least would need quite some twisting of the set-up.
>
> Is the outgoing bandwidth a problem (usually that is the incoming
> bandwidth that is saturated and the outgoing is pretty empty).

Not only outgoing traffic for squid will be traversing that link, but
also the answers to those requests sent out. So even thought your not
really interested in the outgoing traffic as such, you have to send it
out on that link to get responses back on the same link.
--
Asbjørn L. Johansen
notsane@sveitt.org