Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Quentin Fai <faiqm@uleth.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD question.

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 05, 1997 at 08:08:20PM -0700, Quentin Fai wrote:
> > Hello. I'm having some trouble with FreeBSD. I have a Maxtor 1.6 gig HD
> > as my D drive, and I need to use Ontrack in order to access it. I'm
> > trying to install FreeBSD to this drive, but when I try to boot my
> > computer, it loads up the boot manager without loading Ontrack, and it
> > can't read the FreeBSD files. Is there any way to get it to load Ontrack
> > and then the boot manager? Thanks 10^6.
>
> I'm assuming that Ontrack is some Microsoft-based package.  No, you
> can't use that on FreeBSD.

It loads before the OS and is recognised by FreeBSD.

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ34.html (2.13)

In my case the boot manager is after the Ontrack is loaded.

Did you insert and access the floppy after or before the Ontrack banner?

What version of Ontrack Disk Manager is your drive(s) using?

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."