Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:15:10 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Subject:   Re: AP #1 (PHY# 6) failed!

> The method in which we kick the AP's to wake them up might not be quite
> right.  We have some hacks to handle erratic behavior on older CPU's
> (P5's and PentiumPro's) that perhaps the P4 chips don't like.  Could
> someone with one of these boards try an SMP kernel from current?  Peter
> has done some changes related to PSE and PG_G on current that might have
> an effect.  Also, could people try using 'options DISABLE_PSE' and see
> if that happens to make a difference?

report:
	1- compiled an smp kernel (-current from about DP1/June):
		failes like -stable
	2- stable with DISABLE_PSE
		failes
	3- current as of yesterday (12th of September).
		failes like -stable
	4- like 3 but with 'options DISABLE_PSE'
		failes like -stable
btw, i switched cpus around, so i don't think the cpu is to blame.
any other help i can supply, just ask,

	danny