Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:56:14 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updating p5-* ports for perl-5.005_01

 wrote:
>  * Should I go ahead and send in patches to make the p5-* ports I
>  * maintain work with perl-5.005_01, or is there going to be a Grand
>  * Unified Fix in the next few days that would make that a waste of time?
>
> You should wait.  I'm waiting for markm's reply myself.  (I have a
> patch to bsd.port.mk as well as some ports, but I'm not sure what to
> do with them.)

OK - i think this is the way I'll do it (bearing in mind your tale
of the emacs FUBAR).

I'll put all the base stuff into
/usr/libdata/perl5/5.005/[{i386|alpha}-freebsd/]
and plain old /usr/share/man/man.[13].

For the time being, the ports should stay where they are:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/...
but I'd like to give advance warning that I'd like to move
them to
/usr/local/libexec/perl5/... (or something) later.

So the current perl ports can go ahead as you have been doing with
the others. :-)

Mark Murray