Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:00:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Load balancing wireless links

I am trying to do a building to building link with two sets of 2Mbps Spread
Spectrum wireless gear to give me 4Mbps. Each of the units has a 10baseT
port, so the obvious way to do it is to use a port trunking hub like a HP
Procurve 1600M, however a pair of those is quite expensive.

Is there any software on FreeBSD that I can use to load balance a pair of
ethernet cards? Imagine the wireless gear was not there and you had a
pair of FreeBSD servers next to each other and you wanted to run 2 ethernet
cards in each to join the servers at twice the speed of a single ethernet.

I could probably fudge something with mpd, but I was looking for a solution
that didnt involve ppp.

Any suggestions?

- Ernie.