Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:48:37 -0500
From:      Surer Dink <surerlistmail@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU/case/disk temperature sensors for Dell PowerEdge 2850

All,
(I was told this was /one/ of the appropriate forums for this message -
however I did not want to cross-post - if this is not the correct place,
please let me know and I will try the other suggestions [acpi- and ports-].=
)

I have tried every means I could find to read the temperature sensors (CPU,
case, disk) on Dell PowerEdge 2850 machines, and none seem to work.  Has
anyone had success in doing this?  If such support does not exist, what
would be required to add it?  If needed, I am willing to finance (within
reason) development of this feature.  [I was told that Linux and Windows
software to read this information is available, so I assume this is
possible.]

Thanks!