Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2013 06:08:44 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, hrs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   acroread9 crashed immediately after starting

System: FreeBSD 10.0-BETA3 #0 r257580 amd64

I have "acroread9" installed because I write and frequently need to fill
in online interactive PDF forms.

I have Adobe Pro XI installed on a Windows 8.1 machine to create and
modify interactive PDFs. It is the only program that I am aware of that
can accomplish this. I was trying to to insure that the forms work
correctly under different OSs. Using Firefox and its built in PDF
program fails miserably. It cannot utilize the interactive properties of
the PDF. I installed acroread9, but it simply crashes a few seconds
after it starts.

$ acroread9
Fontconfig error: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf",=
 line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf",=
 line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf=
", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Fontconfig error: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf",=
 line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf",=
 line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf=
", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RSException'

This is line 70:       </matrix>
This is line 78:       </edit>

=46rom the /var/message log:

Dec  5 05:45:33 scorpio kernel: linux: pid 31377 (acroread): syscall inotif=
y_init not implemented

Is this a known issue? If so, then why is the application in the ports
system if it will not run? If not, what do I have to do to get it to
run successfully?

--=20
Jerry