Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 1996 09:29:10 +0900
From:      Hidekazu Kuroki <hidekazu@cs.titech.ac.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hidekazu@cs.titech.ac.jp
Subject:   Wrong locale(japanese) ??

Hi, I am Hidekazu Kuroki, and a Japanese FreeBSD user.

I find a problem. My system is the 2.2-960801-SNAP.

I try to compile and run a following simple program,

------------------------------------
#include <locale.h>
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
    if (!setlocale(LC_CTYPE,""))
        printf("error!\n");
    else
        printf("success!\n");
}
------------------------------------

When the LANG variable is "ja_JP.EUC", this program return "error!".

But the LANG varieble is other(except "ja*" or "Ja*"), return

"success!".

Why ?

Is the /usr/share/locale/ja_JP.EUC/LC_CTYPE file wrong ?

thanks

                          \\\\\\
                          ( @ @ )
 |             Tokyo Institute of Technology             |
 | Department of Science and Engneering    Lab. Yonezaki |
 | Hidekazu Kuroki   (E-Mail : hidekazu@cs.titech.ac.jp) |
 |                     .oooO   Oooo.                     |
                         \_)   (_/