Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:56:01 +0400
From:      "Mikhail A. Grishin" <magr@msk-ix.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Policy-based routing on SRC MAC criteria

Hi,

We want to organize some measurement station for customers of IXP
(Internet Exchange Point).

To guarantee that ICMP replies get back to the same customer who send
ICMP echo request, we need  to do policy-based routing according SRC MAC
address criteria. Is it possible and how?

SRC IP not a solution because our customers exchange based on BGP
protocol and can be assymetry.

P.S. Typical IXP - layer 2 network. All connected members get IP from
our peering IP network. All members controlled by MAC address of the
device that organize BGP sessions with other customers (typically that
device is L3 router).

--
Best regards,
Mikhail A. Grishin <magr@msk-ix.ru>