Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:24:55 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
To:        spork <spork@cncn.com>
Cc:        Chris <chris@hiway1.exit109.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compiling qt-1.3.1

Spike Gronim wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Chris wrote:
>
> > To whom it may concern:
> >
> > I'm getting an error when im trying to compile qt, which is required by
> > kde, I'm not exactly sure what im suppose to do, i downloaded almost
> > everything i thought relevant from the ports collections under X11...
> > please, any help is appreaciated, below is the error:
> >
> > > qapp_x11.cpp:46:  X11/Xlib.h: No Such file or directory
> > > <same>            X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
> > > <same>                  X11/Xos.h:  No such file or directory
> > > <same>                  X11/Xatom.h:  No such file or directory
> > > <same>                  X11/keysymdef.h:  No such file or directory
> >

> > I get those errors when i try to compile qt...
> >
> > -Chris

> Do you have the X source?

The X source is rather huge. I picked it up to solve this problem and it
chewed up most of my main drive space (only 600MB total, small in
today's world but all I have to play in). Is there a simple way to get
what is needed to compile, say headers and libs, without getting the
full source?
--
Gary Dunn
Knowledge Tree