Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:30:50 +0200
From:      Martin Machacek <martin@eunet.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   doscmd problem

I'm trying to make doscmd running on my FreeBSD 3.0 (cvsuped and world made on
March 20). I've very closely followed the example on the doscmd's manpage.
I've created minimalisitic /etc/doscmdrc saying:

X11_FONT=fixed
assign A: /dev/rfd0.1440 1440
assign A: /dev/rfd0.720 720
assign hard /u/doscmd/disk_c 30

I've touched the /u/doscmd/disk_c file and made it world readable and
writable. I've also created bootable DOS floppy, put it in the floppy drive
(A) and started doscmd -b -x. I've received (on the terminal I've started the
doscmd) following messages:

martin@woody:/u/doscmd# doscmd -x -b
Init: 0
Unknown interrupt 15 function 4101
Unknown interrupt 15 function 87ee

Finally the doscmd window came up showing DOS prompt. I've started fdisk from
the floppy, selected 'Create DOS partition ...' and then 'Create Primary DOS
Partition'. After that fdisk said:

No space to create DOS partition

There is about 200MB free on the partition i which the /u/doscmd/disk_c file
resides. I've tried couple more tricks, like zeroing the /u/doscmd file to the
requested size, vnconfiging it and trying to access it through /dev/rvn0c.
None of them helped.

What I'm doing wrong? Please, answer directly to my e-mail since I'm currently
not subscribed to freebsd-questions.

Thanks for any hint,
--
Martin Machacek
[Internet CZ, Zirovnicka 6/3133, 106 00 Prague 10, Czech Republic]