Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:08:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Troy Settle" <st@i-plus.net>
Cc:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speaking of 3.4...

> A suggestion if I might.
>
> Not everyone has the time to do proper preparation for testing a release
> candidate.  But, if provided with a copy of the CD, I'm sure you could find
> enough people to test and report problems.

The problem with this idea is that even 10 CDs are labor intensive since we
have to do it on a CD burner and this takes time and manual disk-jockying.
There's just no way to replicate < 1000 CDs at a time in a cost-effecitve
fashion.

That's why I'm working on generating ISO images on a daily basis and
will announce it when I have this working.  That way people can just
burn their own one-offs, and I know of enough people with good network
connectivity and access to CDRs that I am sure this will result in
more CDs in people's hands than we could produce here (without going
insane).

- Jordan