Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:44:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: using vnconfig devices instead of partitions for jails ?

one other thing:

How many mount points (jails, in this case) can I run ?  I see that there
are 8 existing vn0X device files in /dev - can I just create more of them
using MAKEDEV (or mknod) and keep going ?

What is the maximum ?  256 ?

also, do I need to alter the kernel to support more vn0X device files, or
does a stock kernel support all the way up to the maximum (whatever that
is - see previous question :)

thanks again - much appreciated.

--pt